For the easy creation of such audio experiences, Fraunhofer IIS has developed a complete set of tools for the creation of audio and video content with objectbased 3D Audio. The MPEG-H Authoring Suite (MAS) 5.0 now includes all tools required for authoring, encoding, and playback of MPEG-H Masters well as encoded MPEG-H. With the comprehensive range of instruments, producers and broadcasters deliver immersive soundscapes that users can adapt to their personal needs and preferences. This can happen within a predefined framework by including fully adjustable dialogue levels, customizable audio description, multiple languages, and even interactive object positioning.
The MAS 5.0 makes the production of MPEG-H easier, faster, and available for everybody. It can be used in all areas of the field from radio and TV broadcast to immersive music streaming and supports authoring and export in production environments running at 48kHz or 96kHz sample rates. It comprises:
- The MPEG-H Authoring Plug-in (MHAPi) that covers all steps of creating objector channel-based MPEG-H Audio productions inside a VST3- or AAX-enabled Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) And its standalone version, the MPEG-H Authoring Tool (MHAT) that enables users to create MPEG-H metadata for existing audio material without the need of a DAW.
- The MPEG-H Conversion Tool (MCO) that converts Next Generation Audio (NGA) masters between different file formats. It also serves as an interface to the MPEG-H Audio ecosystem and supports the import and export of MPEG-H Master files.
- The MPEG-H Info Tool which analyzes NGA Master files and provides all relevant information in a convenient scene summary.
- The MPEG-H Production Format Player (MPF Player) that enables quality control before encoding with the new MPEG-H Encoding and Muxing Tool.
- The MPEG-H vvPlayer for playing back the mp4 delivery format.
- Learn more about MAS 5.0 and download it for free on https://www.iis.fraunhofer.de/mas