- Professional formats: Support of RGB/444, RGBA/4444, YCbCr 444/422, YCbCrA 4444/42224, and YCbCr 420 image formats of up to 12 bits per color component sample precision with the option to extend it to 16 bits in the future
- Highest fidelity: Visually lossless, i.e. no visible degradation, even over multiple compression/decompression cycles. The latter is known by the term “multi-generation robustness.”
- Low latency: Maximum 32 lines end-to-end (compression-decompression) latency in hardware, in special modes even subline latency.
- Bitrate: Exact bitrate allocation per frame slice avoiding data overshooting
- Parallelism: Support for multiple platforms e.g. FPGA, ASIC, GPU, and CPU, by high degree of parallelism
- High Performance: Real-time software implementation capability for 4k/60p formats on today’s standard computers.
- Low complexity: defined as a maximum percentage of a specific low-cost FPGA. No external frame buffer required in embedded applications. In particular, individual frames shall be decoded independently
- Typical compression ratios: 2:1 - 10:1
JPEG XS SDK - Image coding for video over IP in production quality
Also interesting: the matching exhibit at IBC 2020, JPEG XS SDK - Image coding for video over IP in production quality.