IMAGE CODING FOR VIDEO OVER IP IN PRODUCTION QUALITY
JPEG XS is the new ISO/IEC codec for all IP workflows in studio environments, for local video networks and for VR/AR applications. JPEG XS allows transferring high-resolution video data over standard Ethernet or other wired connections. The codec is designed to work with limited computing resources.
Fraunhofer IIS provides an JPEG XS SDK that enables user to easily implement JPEG XS in typical workflows like camera to stream, stream to display. Also available is a software pluginfor Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC with real-time playback capability of 4k60p UHD video.
- Support for MXF container format (ST2124) with single track
and multi-track essence
- Support for RTP streaming (RFC 9134)
- Forward error correction and error concealment
- Providing JPEG XS SDK for CPU, GPU and FPGA designs
- Streaming up to 8k resolution video
- Compression ratio 16:1 for 8k, 10:1, 12:1
- Subframe latency support based on software multithreading
(as proposed in SMPTE conference 2021),(180 lines)
- Speed optimized internal color transform from 422 to 444
- Predictive and precise rate control
- SDK available for Windows and Linux